- The creation by God of all things at the beginning of time
- The special creation by God of man
- Formation of woman from man
- Unity of the human race
- The original happiness of our first parents in a state of justice
- The divine command laid upon man by God to prove obedience
- Transgression of that command at the instigation of the devil in the form of a serpent
- The fall of our original parents from their primitive state of innocence.
- The promise of a future redeemer
Humani Generis, Pope Pius XII [also see: Dr. S. Hahn: Genesis 1-22: The
Covenant as a Family Affair; Pope Pius X: Pascendi Dominici Gregis, Sept.
The Catholic Church rejects the theory that the first chapters of Genesis are pure
myth. For what the catechism teaches about creation see the
Catechism of the Catholic Church #s 198, 279-327.
Michal Hunt, Copyright © 2005 Agape Bible
Study. Permissions All Rights Reserved.