The maps on Agape Bible Study use overlays on Google Maps as the
the maps. This means that anyone familiar with Google Maps should be
able to use
the features on the maps presented here.
The maps presented are at a scale and zoom level that normally allows
user to see all features that have been overlaid on the map when the
in full screen mode. The general layout is the map on the left
side of the
screen and a legend on the right side. The map and the legend are
based upon the amount of space available in the browser. The
illustrations indicate how to use the embedded controls from Google Maps
to access extra information that is on each map.
The following controls are available
- use the zoom control on the left side of the map to zoom in or
- place the cursor at the location you wish to zoom in and double
To move the map
- use the map control on the upper left corner of the map....or
- place the cursor on the screen, click and hold the left mouse
button and drag the map
Map View: The default is a "Satellite" image. The other views
"Map," "Hybrid" and "Terrain" include roads, cities and political
boundaries and other current day information
Legend Navigation: Every item on the map is listed in the
legend. If the list of items in the
legend extends beyond the bottom of the screen a slider bar will be
provided to move the legend list
Map Item Visibility: The check box next to each item in the
controls item visiblility.
- checked - visible
- not checked, not visible
The following additional information is available for items in the
legend of the map.
- Each Marker is color matched to the legend
- The first letter of the item name is on the marker
- When the cursor is on the marker a label with the full name is
- Click on the Marker for the dialog box with additional
- Double click the Link Text in the legend for the dialog box with
Routes and Rivers: Trade routes are color matched to the
Major rivers are also color matched to the Legend. Clicking the route
or river visibility on
and off will confirm the association.
Political Areas and Physical Areas are outlined and shaded on
map. These can be made visible or not visible using the check
boxes in the legend.